I’m back on my veggie noodle kick but this time I’m using spaghetti squash noodles, which I’ve lovingly decided to call spoodles. They seem so perfect for Fall with their golden color, they match the changing of the leaves. I’ve shared my sweet onion sauce recipe before BUT this time there’s a slight change that makes a world of difference in the flavor. I roasted the sweet onion instead of sautéing it! Best part about this change? It’s the easiest thing in the world to do. You just cut the onion in half, rub olive oil on it, and then place it cut side down in the oven for 30 minutes. Easy peasy right?! I loved it so much that I started doing this for my homemade soup recipes too. Sooo tasty!! You’ve got to try it. It basically tastes like the onion part of a blooming onion. Delish!
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 large clove of garlic or two small
- 1/2 cup water (more if you don’t want it so thick)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour (I used GF plantain flour)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425′
- Chop the sweet onion in half and rub with olive oil. Place cut side down on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While oven is preheating, pierce the outside of the squash 8 – 10 times and place in the microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- When the squash is done, set it aside to cool. Once squash has cooled, cut in half and deseed. Drizzle some olive oil over the cut portion of the squash and place open side down on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once oven has preheated, place both the onion and squash in for 20 – 30 minutes. 30 minutes for a larger squash.
- When you’ve finished cooking the onion, peel the outside of the onion (this should be very easy). Then add all ingredients (except squash) into the food processor and blend.
- Use a fork to gently remove spoodles from the squash’s shell. Set aside.
- Pour sauce into a skillet on medium heat. Cook until sauce thickens, add spaghetti squash for a few minutes and serve.
*Feel free to add any other veggies to this dish
I’m eating up all this nautical style for Fall! I can’t wait to wrap myself up in some thick cozy sweaters, and stripes, lots and lots of stripes (yay!). Although who are we kidding? I wrap myself in stripes all year round. There is more than just stripes that I’m loving about this nautical style look book. For instance, wearing a sweater with bikini bottoms! I don’t know why but I think this looks super cute!! Check it out:
Do you see what I’m talking about? Super cute!!
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite Meatless Monday recipes for Fall. I can already feel a little chill in the air (eek!). Which means it’s time to dig into some warm and savory meals! Just the other night I made my Sweet Onion Sauce and Gnocchi but this time I used Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi. It was sooo good!! You would never know it was cauliflower. Next time you’re in Trader Joe’s I recommend stock piling it, as it does sell out quickly. Check out that recipe and more below:
Can we take a minute and talk about accessories for Fall? Specifically these Fall jewelry trends I’ve been seeing and because you know I’m obsessed! When you choose jewelry designer as your career path, I think it’s necessary to be obsessed. Some of the jewelry trends I’ve been seeing include, pearls and personalized jewelry BUT I think my absolutely favorite Fall jewelry trend is the wave jewelry. Jewelry with wavy lines works too! Give me the ocean all year round and if I can take it with me and wear it in the form of jewelry, all the better! Check out what I’m talking about:
I’m just on the brink of changing up my hair game but first I wanted a little inspiration. So I turned towards the runway and it didn’t disappoint! I’m loving these 5 Fall hair trends that I spotted. Definitely considering getting bangs again. My hair is naturally curly so bangs are considerably easier during the Fall/Winter months when there’s less humidity. Are you thinking of changing up your hair game? Check out these Fall hair trends below:
Wavy bobs are trending for Fall. If you have naturally wavy hair this could be an effortless style for you!
Yup! The ponytail is back BUT only when done properly. Greasy ponytails don’t fly!
Seriously loving this fringe!
You can even keep them curly!! #lovethis
There are so many different ways to wear bangs, from wispy to thick and everything in between.
This is another Fall hair trend that works great on curly hair too!
loose buns are easy and chic!
loose braids work too
click pics for sources
I wanted to share some of my favorite nail art trends for the back to school/Fall because I realized I haven’t done a nail art post since my Summer Nail Art blog post! whoopsie!! Also there are some really fun and beautiful new ways to polish your nails for Fall that honestly aren’t that tough to achieve. Yay for easy nail art! (my left hand just let out a sigh of relief, lol) So let’s take a peek at the new nail art trends for 2018:
How easy would this be to do? It’s abstract so you can’t go wrong!
click pics for sources