This Summer I’m all about striped dresses and straw hats! I just can’t seem to get enough. All these pieces are light and breezy and work great on those hot Summer days when you still want to look cute. Take a peek:
moon + star earrings / straw hat
sunglasses / striped dress / pink iPhone case
handbag / gold cuff bracelets
I’m excited to share with you another Meatless Monday recipe! This pesto recipe is perfect for Summer because it’s quick and can be served warm or cold, which makes left-overs just as tasty as the night you made it. It’s also naturally gluten-free, diary-free and and carries a decent amount of protein even though there’s no meat in it! (about 11 grams per serving) Scroll down to see what’s in it:
Servings: 3 – 4
Time: 30 minutes
- 16 oz package of zoodles or 1 large zucchini per person
- 4 ears of corn or 1 per person
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by shucking and grilling the corn. Using a high heat, turn the corn every 4 – 5 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Throw the basil, walnuts, olive oil, water, salt and pepper into the food processor and pulse. The pesto should be on the thick side.
- Steam your zoodles for 3 – 4 minutes. I used a double boiler set up. (If you purchased zucchini instead of zoodles you’ll have to spiral them first)
- While the zoodles are steaming, take a kitchen knife and stripe the kernels off the cob. Next chop up your cherry tomatoes.
- When the zoodles are finished cooking, mix everything together and dinner is ready to be served!
I really hope you enjoy this Meatless Monday recipe. I couldn’t stop eating it this past week! We had some really warm days and having this as a cold dish was the absolute best. Not to mention that you feel really healthy eating it. I also found the zoodles to be very filling, which is something I wasn’t expecting. Not to mention that the sweet smell of basil filling my kitchen every time I whipped up a batch of the pesto is perfection. I’m definitely going to be using fresh basil in a lot more of my recipes! Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out some additional recipes.
I spent all Spring thinking about those hot Summer beach days! Now that it’s warming up and Summer is right around the corner, I wanted to share from fun DIYs for Summer. These crafts range from home decor, to succulents and more! Click the pic to get the step by step:
Good vibes art via Sugar and Cloth
Watercolor pillows via Tidbit Cami
Citrus bath salts via Christina Williams
DIY embroidered fan via Sugar and Cloth
DIY Polish Chandelier via Oh Happy Day
DIY Donut Beach Umbrella via Studio DIY
Succulent Sphere via Burlap Wreath
I’m loving all these new Summer nail art trends for 2017! Not sure which one is my favorite just yet but those holographic nails and the sequins are making it to the top of my list. Seriously, the holographic nails are the easiest and have the biggest impact. Poolside with holographic nails? Yes please!!
Love this look!
Grab these nail stickers for a quick polish change
This polka dot look might take some time but it’s still pretty easy to achieve
Simple with a pop of color
Sequins are the new glitter!
This is a new take on the wire nail art trend. You can get this look with gold wire, chain or sequins!