For today’s Meatless Monday Recipe, I’m not only sharing how I put together my Gluten-free Hawaiian Pizza but I’m also sharing my super easy pizza sauce recipe! This pizza sauce recipe only has 4 ingredients and ingredients that are so easy to find, you might already have them in your fridge. This pizza is perfect for September as it doesn’t take much thought to put together and if you don’t have pineapple on hand, you can add whatever leftovers you want.
Toppings + Crust:
- 1 can 9.9 oz green jackfruit in brine or water (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- BBQ sauce of choice – (I used Newman’s Own Original – it’s gluten-free)
- freshly cut pineapple
- red onion sliced
- cheese of choice, shredded
- pre-made gluten-free pizza dough (I picked some up at a local bakery)
- 5 san marzano tomatoes – I used organic peeled san marzano tomatoes from a can
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 – 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven and follow the instructions for cooking your pizza dough. My dough pre-cooked at 425′ for 15 minutes and then 450′ for another 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, toss all the ingredients for the pizza sauce and blend until smooth.
- If you’ve never cooked jackfruit before, you can find instructions in my Pulled Jackfruit BBQ Pizza post. (You can also find a gluten-free pizza crust from scratch recipe there too!) For this recipe, I lightly brushed the edges of the jackfruit with the BBQ sauce and cooked at 400′ for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Once your crust is pre-cooked, add the sauce, cheese, toppings and some more cheese (because why not?!) and place back in the oven to let everything get crispy.
- When your pizza is done, top with fresh cilantro and you’re ready to enjoy!
photos via Chad Montano
I’m ready to change up my nails for Fall 2020, so today I’m sharing the latest Fall nail polish trends I’ve been seeing and wanted to share! I’m really loving retro nail art! and also the bejeweled look!! Check out more below:
How adorable is this beach cottage?!! The outside literally looks like it’s made of lace, giving this little beach cottage a delicate and feminine feel. The gorgeousness of the outside spaces in this seaside home do not stop there either! Scroll down to see the rest this quaint cottage has to offer.
Who needs indoor living space when the outside looks this good??
Loving these walls!
via Homes to Love
I’m excited to share with you another one of my Meatless Monday Recipes! These Roasted Chickpea Tacos are loaded with crunch, from the crunchy roasted chickpeas to the fresh veggies. Pile these tacos high with all your favorite toppings for an easy hot weather lunch or dinner recipe. Grab the recipe below:
- 1 can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- sea salt
- taco shells
fresh toppings of your choice, I used:
- red peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- your favorite salsa
- Preheat oven to 425′
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and roll dry with towels.
- Mix chickpeas, taco seasoning, olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt in a bowl.
- Spread chickpeas out on a lined baking sheet and roast for 35 – 40 minutes, rolling over every 10 – 15 minutes. *Note: Roasted chickpeas are best fresh out of the oven but can be stored in paper towel lined containers to help maintain their crispiness.
- Layer your favorite ingredients into the taco shells and top with freshly roasted chickpeas. Now it’s time to eat!
photos by Chad Montano and Sara Adel
Get ready to swoon over this Summer island home in Mexico, located on the small island of Holbox or rather Isla Holbox! I’m sure by now you’ve realized how much I love all things white, especially when it comes to interior design BUT did you also know that I’m a sucker for built in furniture? Yup, true story! Built in bookcases and little spots to simple put a vase or family heirloom send me into a heart-eyed stupor. Not only does this beautiful island home have all of that but it’s available to rent out on Airbnb!! And aren’t we all just sooo ready to plan that next vacation?? I know I am!
No matter where you look, always a gorgeous view!
Built in kitchen cabinets? Yes, please!
I spy a built in bookcase…
…and there it is in all it’s glory! Also really loving the rustic closet ❤
rustic + white = love
The perfect wine/reading nook
Also hammocks are my joie de vivre!
rooftop hangs at sunset
And what island home would be complete without a beach?!
August is typically known for being hot and humid, so I thought I’d share my Peach Nice Cream recipe with you! Which is the perfect thing to cool you off. It’s creamy and soft and is really easy to make being that it only has two ingredients!! Find the ingredients and recipe below:
- 3 – 4 peaches (about 3/4 of a pound after the pits are removed)
- 2 bananas
- Peel and pit your peaches and place in the freezer overnight
- Peel your bananas and take your frozen peaches out of the freezer
- Place everything into the food processor
- Blend till you have a creamy consistency
- That’s it! Time to eat!!
Note: If you have leftovers and put them in the freezer, the next time you take your nice cream out, try to allow about 30 minutes to let it soften before serving.
One thing I’m loving about this coastal home located in Sydney, Australia is how well it’s all put together. There’s a layering of nautical goodness that carries throughout this beach house that I can’t get enough of! Take a look and I’ll show you what I mean:
Stepping out to the backyard!
This is a perfect example of what I mean by “layering of nautical goodness”! Natural easy fabrics, stripes and roped light fixtures, I love it all!!
more beautiful layers!
which just happen to be located on an antique jewelry bench ❤
This combo of mirror, dresser and stripes also has me falling in love…
and did I mention the amazing foliage??
gotta love a girl who has a pirate flag hung outside her house!
via homes to love