One thing I love to do is turn a favorite dip into a sauce and use it over pasta or a baked potato. Today’s Meatless Monday recipe does just that. I took a yummy pimento cheese dip recipe and turned it into a tasty pasta dish. This is a warm dish but you could easily make it in the Summer as a cold pasta dish too! Also, you can pretty much do this with any dip, I’ve done something similar with artichoke and spinach dip and it came out amazing!! But that’s a recipe for another Monday. Scroll down to grab this Pimento Cheese and Pasta recipe:
- 16 oz sharp cheddar (set some aside for garnish)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup broth (can add more or less depending on how thick you’d like the sauce)
- 4oz pimento peppers (I use the ones in the jar, drained and rinsed) set some aside for garnish
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- A few pinches of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Boil pasta, drain and set aside.
- Cut several slivers of pimento peppers and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredient for the sauce and blend well.
- Place into a sauce pot and stir on medium high heat until the cheese has melted.
- While cheese is heating up, place the baby spinach in a sauté pan with a small amount of broth (about 1 tbsp) and steam cook on medium heat.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta, add baby spinach and garnish with additional cheese and pimento peppers.
It’s been too long since I’ve done a Meatless Monday recipe! I’m very excited about my Butternut Squash Bisque because not only is it delicious and warm for these cool autumn days but it’s also only 4 ingredients!! Aren’t minimum ingredient recipes the best?! No long grocery lists, no hoping you remembered to pick up all the ingredient. Just four simple ingredients and you are on your way to a creamy Fall soup.
Serves 3 – 4
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cup broth of your choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375′
- While you’re waiting for the oven to preheat, cut your butternut squash in half the long way
- Place the squash halves face up and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Roast for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until squash is soft
- Let squash cool for about 20 minutes
- Once squash is cool enough, peel the skin off (it should come off very easily)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and you’re ready to eat!
It’s already feeling chilly out, which means Fall is starting to creep in. I don’t know about you but I’m ready for a hot and toasty meal. So today I’m sharing my top 9 grilled cheese sandwich recipes with you! These meatless Monday recipes work perfectly for lunch or dinner. You can add a cup of soup or eat alone, because they are just that good!
Caramelized Pineapple Grilled Cheese – crunchy, gooey with a touch of sweet!
Grilled Cheese & Tomato – one of my personal go to’s!
Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese – because life is hard and don’t we all deserve this?
Caramelized Onions & Grilled Cheese
Kimchi Grilled Cheese
Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese – for when you just want to eat that delicious dip as a meal
Pesto Grilled Cheese
Four Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Click any pic to grab the recipe!
If you’ve gone all Summer without trying these scrumptious cocktails, drop what you’re doing and head to your nearest bar or liquor shop! The way I see it, there’s only about a month or so left of Summer. In that span of time I fully intend on soaking up as much Summer and sunshine that I can get. Who’s ever with me, say tequila!
It’s almost the beginning of Summer and I wanted a new cocktail to enjoy. Something light and refreshing yet still tasty and a little sweet. This is my take on the traditional Blackberry Smash cocktail and it really hit the spot. I simplified the ingredients since (as I’ve mentioned in previous posts) I’m not a natural-born bartender. This drink comes together pretty quickly and it is delish!
serving size: 1
- 1 nip of vodka
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sparkling water or club soda
- Mash up 6 – 8 blackberries in the bottom of the glass and add maple syrup
- Add ice and garnish with a few extra blackberries
- Add vodka and then sparkling water
- Stir, sip and enjoy!