I was trying to figure out if I’ve ever done a breakfast recipe for one of my Meatless Monday posts and I don’t think I have! So ta-da first breakfast recipe is my super easy and delicious gluten-free / vegan pancakes!! They are sooo good, you guys have to try them. They are very simple and easy to make (pancakes from scratch made easy!) because there’s only a few ingredients. Add whatever toppings you have on hand and viola, you’ve got yourself a tasty breakfast feast.
Servings: 3 small pancakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- a pinch or two of sea salt
*I highly recommend the Bob’s Red Mill brand, I’ve found other brands to be gritty
**optional toppings: I love blueberries or blackberries on mine and of course maple syrup!
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil into your pan and preheat on medium
- Add all your ingredient into a bowl except the water
- Mix the ingredients together and slowly add the water (you may not need to add all the water)
- Stop when it gets to pancake batter consistency
- You’ll know the pan is hot enough when you see little bubbles forming in the olive oil
- Scoop out 1/3 of the batter and add to the pan (you should hear a sizzle sound as the batter hits the pan)
- Once you’ve used up all your batter, give it a good 5 minutes to cook (may take a little longer) you can check the bottom of the pancakes with a spatula to see if they’ve browned
- Flip over once the bottom side has browned and cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes
- Add some fresh berries or fruit and drizzle with maple syrup and you’re ready to eat!
*Note: Don’t worry if your batter looks a little lumpy from the applesauce, I’ve found some brands are smoother than others