By now I’m sure you’ve realized how much I love a super casual home (and if not, now you do!) I love my home decor to have natural fabrics, pieces that are easy to clean and still look beautiful. I don’t enjoy living rooms that I can’t just plunk myself down in or dining rooms that are only reserved for special occasions. These reasons and many more are why I wanted to share this Australian beach home with you! Take the tour:
This outdoor space is everything!
Bamboo dining chairs? Yes, please!
White kitchens with rustic old cutting boards have my heart.
These straw baskets?/vases? are AWESOME
Bathrooms views of cactus never get old
via The Style Files
Are you ready to get crafty this Summer? I know I am! Today I’m sharing my top 7 DIY for Summer. My favorite is the DIY Kaftan (shown immediately below). I love the idea of actually being able to wear some of the beautiful fabrics I’ve been spotting! Check it out:
My latest style obsession is something I like to call, “coastal minimalism”. It takes a minimalist’s approach to the whole coastal home style. Part of why I’m loving it so much is that it’s effortless and allows for more space and light in a home. For that very reason I’ve taken on a huge Spring purge, in order to try and live with less. I started with my closet and literally went through EVERYTHING and was able to get rid of sooo much stuff that I just wasn’t wearing. I’m currently on part 2 of my purge, which means attacking the basement. I’m about half way through it and I’ve already found loads of home decor pieces that just aren’t my current style. My goal is that once I’m done purging my home of the things I don’t care for anymore, I’ll be left with everything that I truly love. When dealing with coastal minimalism, the main focus is on love. Only having items in your home that you adore and tossing out the rest. So if you love it, keep it but if you bought a vase just to fill a space on a shelf, then it’s time for it to go. Check out some more examples of coastal minimalism and gather some ideas from this beach home in Costa Mesa, CA.
Gain more space on an entryway table by placing sconces on the wall instead of table lamps. Also having just a few items that you love instead of filling the entire table, gives you room to unload as you walk in the door.
Placing plants in white or glass containers allows you to bring in pops of color while still leaving the room with an airy feel.
Don’t overcrowd a space with more places to seat than you really need. Being able to walk through a room without bumping into furniture can be a luxury in today’s world.
Bringing in elements like wicker, sea grass and rattan help incorporate a coastal feel with minimal pieces.
Not overcrowding the kitchen sink. When was the last time you only had one or two items surrounding the kitchen sink? I’m completely guilty of hoarding plants and fun antiques in my kitchen! oops!
An island that you don’t have to clear off before cooking, sounds nice!
You’ll notice that the colors don’t change much from room to room. Lots of white, pops of sea blues, mixed with greys and natural elements.
Stripes are a must in a coastal home!
via Rue Mag
We’re having a Mother’s Day Sale! You can take 20% off everything (including sale items!). Use code “ILOVEMOM” at checkout. Offer expires 5/13/18 at midnight est. Click picture below to shop >
I’m excited to share with you my Mother’s Day Coastal Gift Guide for 2018! I’ve done this the last two years and from what you guys have told me, it’s been a really helpful way to gather gift ideas for your beach loving moms. It’s also been really helpful for me since until I started making this gift guide, I was a bit clueless as to what I was getting my own mom for Mother’s Day. There’s several different gift options below that cover moms who like to bake, moms who love the spa and of course, mermaid moms (and more!). Take a peek:
- sea glass geo candle – isn’t this the prettiest candle you’ve ever seen?!
- clean perfume set – natural and clean scented gift set
- mermaid keychain – this one’s for the mermaid mom!
- gold starfish earrings – handmade in the shop + lightweight, perfect for your coastal lovin’ mama
- passion journal – loving the vibrant color of this journal, it would be so easy to find if you misplaced it
- mermaid scale necklace – another great one for the mermaid loving moms!
- air plants with driftwood – this is perfect if you’ve got a crazy plant lady for a mom
- seaglass wine – for the seaside wino
- mom wine glass – two of these and a bottle of wine would make such a sweet gift
- sea salt chocolates – because yum!
- mermaid scale iPhone case – i love the pretty colors on this
- a simple table cook book – sweet and simple for the mom who loves to cook
- love knot bracelet – a cherished way to say, “i love you, mom”
- beach hair travel set – gift sets are a great option to let mom try out lots of different products
- ocean mist and sea salt diffuser – let mom’s house smell like the beach even if she doesn’t live there
- sea salt spray – adds volume and waves to hair, perfect for the mom on-the-go
- seaside cookie cutter set – this is a fun set for the mom who loves to bake!
I’m so excited to share this fabulous coastal home with you! This home has so many gorgeous rooms and I’m going to take you through them one by one. We’ll start off in the living room, where I’m swooning over the beautifully styled built-ins. Pop into the aqua and white kitchen, from there we’ll head to the bedroom where I’ve fallen in love with the headboard (among other things!). We’ll finally end the tour in the bathroom, whose tile work is not to be missed! Come take the tour:
beautifully styles or what?!
I’m swooning over this chandelier, there’s a close up of it later in the tour!
raffia furniture? yes, please!
aqua and white kitchens never disappoint!
close up of this beauty!
I’m in love with these chairs
swoon worthy or what?
Does this home have the best lighting or what??
more straw furniture #straweverything
I love the combo of the tiles and that wallpaper!