It’s been too long since I’ve done a Meatless Monday recipe! I’m very excited about my Butternut Squash Bisque because not only is it delicious and warm for these cool autumn days but it’s also only 4 ingredients!! Aren’t minimum ingredient recipes the best?! No long grocery lists, no hoping you remembered to pick up all the ingredient. Just four simple ingredients and you are on your way to a creamy Fall soup.
Serves 3 – 4
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cup broth of your choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375′
- While you’re waiting for the oven to preheat, cut your butternut squash in half the long way
- Place the squash halves face up and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Roast for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until squash is soft
- Let squash cool for about 20 minutes
- Once squash is cool enough, peel the skin off (it should come off very easily)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and you’re ready to eat!
It’s already feeling chilly out, which means Fall is starting to creep in. I don’t know about you but I’m ready for a hot and toasty meal. So today I’m sharing my top 9 grilled cheese sandwich recipes with you! These meatless Monday recipes work perfectly for lunch or dinner. You can add a cup of soup or eat alone, because they are just that good!
Caramelized Pineapple Grilled Cheese – crunchy, gooey with a touch of sweet!
Grilled Cheese & Tomato – one of my personal go to’s!
Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese – because life is hard and don’t we all deserve this?
Caramelized Onions & Grilled Cheese
Kimchi Grilled Cheese
Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese – for when you just want to eat that delicious dip as a meal
Pesto Grilled Cheese
Four Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Click any pic to grab the recipe!
If you’ve gone all Summer without trying these scrumptious cocktails, drop what you’re doing and head to your nearest bar or liquor shop! The way I see it, there’s only about a month or so left of Summer. In that span of time I fully intend on soaking up as much Summer and sunshine that I can get. Who’s ever with me, say tequila!
It’s almost the beginning of Summer and I wanted a new cocktail to enjoy. Something light and refreshing yet still tasty and a little sweet. This is my take on the traditional Blackberry Smash cocktail and it really hit the spot. I simplified the ingredients since (as I’ve mentioned in previous posts) I’m not a natural-born bartender. This drink comes together pretty quickly and it is delish!
serving size: 1
- 1 nip of vodka
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sparkling water or club soda
- Mash up 6 – 8 blackberries in the bottom of the glass and add maple syrup
- Add ice and garnish with a few extra blackberries
- Add vodka and then sparkling water
- Stir, sip and enjoy!
I absolutely love these zucchini fritters! 1) Because they are sooo delicious and 2) because you only need five ingredients to make them! Yup, you heard me, only 5 things to put these bad boys together. Low ingredient recipes are perfect for those nights you want something homemade but without the effort of homemade. As with all my meatless Monday recipes, these fritters are vegan and gluten free.
Makes 6 – 8 large zucchini fritters
Prep + cook in 60 mins
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 white onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic gloves minced *optional
- Cook rice following instructions on package. *I make the rice in advance and chill in fridge
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Cut up zucchini and white onion.
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and pulse.
- Divide into six equal balls and form into patties with your hands.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 35 – 40 mins. Longer if you want the outside crunchier.
*Note: these have the consistency of crab cakes and can fall apart but are still delicious!