I absolutely love these zucchini fritters! 1) Because they are sooo delicious and 2) because you only need five ingredients to make them! Yup, you heard me, only 5 things to put these bad boys together. Low ingredient recipes are perfect for those nights you want something homemade but without the effort of homemade. As with all my meatless Monday recipes, these fritters are vegan and gluten free.
Makes 6 – 8 large zucchini fritters
Prep + cook in 60 mins
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 white onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic gloves minced *optional
- Cook rice following instructions on package. *I make the rice in advance and chill in fridge
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Cut up zucchini and white onion.
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and pulse.
- Divide into six equal balls and form into patties with your hands.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 35 – 40 mins. Longer if you want the outside crunchier.
*Note: these have the consistency of crab cakes and can fall apart but are still delicious!
It might be the warmer weather that Spring brings or the fact that I’m sick of the same ol’ thing I’ve been eating all Winter long but for me, I always start craving salads in the Spring. There’s just something extra delicious about a crisp salad this time of year. There’s also a lot of fresh produce popping up that tastes amazing in a salad! So to celebrate Spring and all things green, I’m sharing nine Spring salads for you to try!
I put asparagus on everything in the Spring! Spring Greens Bowl via Lively Table *click any pic to grab the recipe*
Grilled Corn & Zucchini Pasta Salad
Peach & Walnut Salsa – pour this over some lettuce and you are good to go!
Chickpea Corn Salad via Brewing Happiness
Coconut Mango Salad via Salted Mint
Avocado & Grapefruit Salad via FoodieCrush
Edamame Salad via Foodness Gracious
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Salad via Proud Italian Cook
Today I’m sharing some beautifully meatless recipes for Easter. I think these are perfect if you’re hosting or just looking for a dish to bring. They also incorporate lots of fresh and tasty Spring produce like peaches, strawberries and more! So yummy!!
Grilled Avocado Caprese – click any pic to grab the recipe!
Pineapple + Cilantro Hummus
Edamame Salad with Sesame Dressing
Grilled Corn + Zucchini Pasta Salad
Sweet Potato + Eggplant Lasagna
Lemon Meringue Pie
Strawberry + Cream Profiteroles
Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
Peach Lemonade Spritzer
My favorite thing about the holidays is spending time with my family that I don’t always get to see throughout the year. My second favorite thing (and it’s a very close second) is eating without a care in the world. For me, this only happens during the holiday season. So today I’m sharing some of my favorite holiday recipes! There’s also some additional links at the bottom for things like leftover stuffing and more. Take a look:
Whether I’m hosting or attending an Easter soirée, I always like to have/bring some meat and diary-free options. Sometimes during the holidays we can get sidetracked by so many unhealthy options. Which is why today I’m sharing some of my top meatless recipes for Easter, as well as a cocktail or two. Take a look:
Pink Jelly Bean Cocktail via BHG
Whenever the seasons start to change I always get excited about the new recipes I want to try. So today, I’m sharing some of my favorite Spring recipes as well as some new ones that I’ve been itching to test out. Because let’s face it, no one wants to eat a Spring salad in the middle of winter, no matter how delicious it looks!
The Super Bowl is this weekend and for the first time ever I am prepared! (lol) I’ve been working on this recipe for a healthy Super Bowl appetizer (works great as a snack too!). These Buffalo Broccoli Bites only take three ingredients! That’s right, only three ingredients. Ok so I’m not counting water, but does water really count as an ingredient? Not only are they super delicious and melt-in-your-mouth but they are also meat-free and gluten-free! Prep time is around 10 minutes and cooking time is an additional 16 minutes. You can’t beat that! The one thing I will say is that just like their normal wing counterparts, these buffalo broccoli bites do get a little messy but they’re so delicious, I promise they are worth it.
Buffalo Broccoli Bites Ingredients:
- broccoli – one large head
- 1/4 cup and 1/8 cup Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce*
*Make sure you get the “wing’s” sauce and not the regular buffalo sauce
For a dipping sauce I just used hummus and sprinkled it with cayenne powder
- Preheat the oven to 425′ and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Chop up your broccoli into wing sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg replacer and water – whisk together
- In a second bowl, place the additional 1/8 cup of egg replacer – do not add water
- Add the buffalo sauce and whisk again – the mixture will start to foam
- Start to dip your broccoli cuts into the buffalo/egg replacer mixture and then dip into the second bowl with just egg replacer
- Place on the baking sheet, leaving space in between each broccoli bite
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip, and then bake an additional 8 minutes
- Add a healthy serving of additional buffalo sauce on top of the broccoli bites and serve!
Healthy Super Bowl Appetizer – Buffalo Broccoli Bites Recipe