My main goal during Winter is to stay warm and cozy but that doesn’t mean I can’t look cute doing it! For Christmas I was gifted this peplum sweater (see below) in the hot pink and I’m obsessed with it. I love the girlie cut but it’s also super warm and incredibly soft. Below I’m sharing some of my other fashion favorites for January:
- glitter iPhone cases – I recently got a new iPhone in pink and I wanted to show off the color with my case not cover it up! These glitter cases do just that, not to mention they are mesmerizing to watch.
- pearl earrings – are a big trend for the new year and these beauties are on *sale* in the jewelry shop!
- striped scarves – I love all things striped, I simply can’t get enough
- peplum sweaters – this one is my favorite!
- gold wave ring – my endless wave ring adds a bit of sparkle and shine to any outfit
- vacation flask – I’d fill this up with some of that Skinny Girl grapefruit margarita!! yum!
- slippers – for those of you who don’t wear slippers, how do you get up in the morning and walk on the cold tile floor?? eek!
- blush handbags – this gorgeous color is perfect to take you from winter into spring
We’re currently experiencing a huge snow storm as I write this! I can’t tell you how ready I am for a little warm weather to come my way!! And if the warm weather won’t come to you then it’s time to getaway on a Winter vacation. This morning I’m sharing my favorites of what to pack when, like me, you start getting those cold weather blues.
- tote bag
- straw hat
- pink sunglasses
- gold starfish earrings
- gold rope bangles
- swimsuit – top / bottom
I don’t know about you but I’m sitting here wondering, “What happened to Fall?!” It feels like it went from 70* to 40* in just a few days. Eek! I wasn’t prepared. Now I’m scrambling to get my Fall and Winter assembles dredged out of my closet. Note to self: Next year, no matter how warm October is, get your closet ready for Winter. So here’s my first Winter outfit. You can never go wrong with stripes!
What to Wear : Winter Outfit
scarf // sunglasses // gold wave earrings
gold anchor ring // striped sweater // navy coat
backpack // jeans // ankle boots
This winter beach wedding that took place in Malibu, California looks effortlessly romantic! Muted blues, soft whites and a sandy shore wrap up this small and personal event. I think the table setting is my favorite with pieces of coral and coastal poetry written on translucent paper. Not to mention I’d love to take those plates home with me! Take a peek at what I’m talking about:
This flower girl takes the cake!
You always have a gorgeous view when you have a beach wedding!
I think one of the challenges for winter brides is finding a chic way to stay warm.
In love with these plates and table-scape!
via Style Me Pretty
I love the idea of hosting brunch at home instead of always going out. Especially during the winter when you may have to wait in a breezy entry way for a table to become available! I think as far as brunch cocktails go, it’s pretty standard to have bloody marys and mimosas but I also like the idea of having something a little more unique to offer my guests. This plum-filled cocktail from My Diary of Us fits the bill. Grab the recipe below:
- 2 Plums
6 Thyme Sprigs
Juice from one Lemon
4 Tbsp. Thyme Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir, and let cool. Chill until ready to use.)
1 Bottle of Prosecco or your favorite bubbly
Peel and chop 2 plums.
Muddle the plums with the thyme simple syrup and lemon juice until all of the plum juices have been released. (You can also muddle right in the glass if you prefer to have bits of fruit in your cocktail!)
Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker.
Pour over crushed ice evenly between two glasses.
Top off with prosecco and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.