This Winter has been so funny! A snow storm one night and the next day it’s 50 – 60 degrees. I’m taking this as a sign that Spring is coming sooner than later this year! Which means it’s time to take a look at the Spring fashion trends so I can update my wardrobe!! Lately I’ve been loving all the cute new Spring dresses from Free People. (Among other things that I’m sharing today!)
This one is labeled as a “trench” but I swear it would look cute worn as a dress!
Two pieces? Yes please!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love cut-off denim? Probably! but it’s true, it’s one of my favorite things. 7 for All Mankind is doing it right for Spring with their denim refresh!! My fave outfit is immediately below but I’m eyeing several other pairs and the tops are pretty cute too. Take a look:
LOVE this look!
Love the cut-off look!
Oh and tie front tops are on my shopping list for Spring
I feel like I say this all winter long (every winter sigh!) but I can’t wait for warmer weather to get here!! Which is why I adore this warm weather inspired look book from Free People. Just give me all those pretty Spring dresses and I’ll be as happy as a dolphin with a beach ball!
are these considered flatforms with heals?
all the pretty Spring dresses
this look is so sweet!!
I’m eating up all this nautical style for Fall! I can’t wait to wrap myself up in some thick cozy sweaters, and stripes, lots and lots of stripes (yay!). Although who are we kidding? I wrap myself in stripes all year round. There is more than just stripes that I’m loving about this nautical style look book. For instance, wearing a sweater with bikini bottoms! I don’t know why but I think this looks super cute!! Check it out:
Do you see what I’m talking about? Super cute!!
This morning I wanted to share some current fashion faves with you for the end of Summer! These are Summer trends that will effortless transition into Fall. Which is always nice to have on hand, pieces that work for more than one season! Yay for your accessories doing double-duty!! I’m also sharing my new favorite coffee table book and a bikini that will work for Winter and Summer vaca. Take a peek:
- stylish leather backpack – love this! love the color! navy is a great color to help transition from Summer to Fall
- nautilus shell earrings – I always love that the nautilus seems to represent a never-ending Summer! Something I would put my vote in for!!
- high tide book – my new favorite coffee table book takes amazing shots of surfers in some unexpected places
- moonstone cuff bracelet – moonstone is a gemstone you can wear any season and it seems to fit right in
- seersucker tumbler – we’re all on that reusable straw kick, this just takes it to another level (and it’s sooo cute!)
- monogram trinket dish – because if you have all these accessories you’re gonna need a place to put them!
- sunglasses – I love how these are half acetate and half tortoise shell, super perfect for that Summer/Fall transition
- bikini top / bikini bottom – I’m a little obsessed with the deep sea print on this bikini. I’m also a lot obsessed with high-waisted bikini bottoms right now (or rather have been for the past few years!). The ruffle on the straps just seals the deal for me!!
This is always that time of year for me when it’s the end of Summer and not quite Fall yet but you’re ready to switch things up (fashion wise that is!). So if you’re wondering, like me, what to wear during this period of wardrobe transition, Madewell’s got you covered! I’ve also included some additional faves at the end of this post. Don’t miss ’em!!
I’m swooning over all the denim pieces!
ripped denim + stripes = my go-to look
Red just feels right for late Summer / early Fall
but let’s remember it’s still hot out!
Insanely in love with this top!!
Slip-on shoes have my heart!
Wowza! Does it get hot and humid in August!! Today I’m sharing a few easy peasy ways to beat the heat with a cute and stylish Summer outfit. My secret? Linen, linen and linen! It’s an effortless fabric that only looks better with wear. I actually love it when it gets a little crinkled. No fancy pants here! If you’ve never owned anything linen, let me tell you, linen is pure awesomeness. And the linen you own doesn’t have to stop at what you wear but goes into bedding, napkins and pillows too! All of it is GORGeous!! So go on and drape linen over everything in your life. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
crop top – let that cool breeze hit your midriff people and you will be cooler 😉
linen pants – OR shorts but I prefer pants with a crop top
coral branch necklace – keep accessories to a minimum so you don’t feel weighed down in the heat
sunglasses – thin and light frames feel cooler than chunky larger frames
straw bag – small crossbody bags leave you hands free for shopping and don’t feel as heavy as their big leather counterparts
gold cuff bracelet – choose one or two skinny bracelets and skip the larger statement ones à la Wonder Woman style
espadrilles – I love the easiness of slip-ons and open-toed shoes are a must to beat the heat during August!