For most of Winter I gave my nails a break from nail polish. Not going to lie, it was actually kind of hard. I missed the lacquer and the shine! Now as we head into Spring, I’m ready to jump back into these sweet nail art trends for 2018. Take a look:
Spring vacation is right around the corner! So today I’m sharing my top 7 trends for Spring resort wear aka vacation wear. I can’t tell you how excited I am that heart-shaped sunglasses are trending for Spring!! I remember wearing these when I was just a little kid but the heart-shaped sunglasses aren’t the same ones from years ago. They’ve been updated so they’re not just for little kids anymore. Take a peek:
- Stripes – striped dress
- Cuffs – moonstone cuff bracelet
- crochet edging – one piece swimsuit
- tie up flats – sandals
- pink bikinis – top / bottom
- heart shaped sunglasses
- straw totes
My main goal during Winter is to stay warm and cozy but that doesn’t mean I can’t look cute doing it! For Christmas I was gifted this peplum sweater (see below) in the hot pink and I’m obsessed with it. I love the girlie cut but it’s also super warm and incredibly soft. Below I’m sharing some of my other fashion favorites for January:
- glitter iPhone cases – I recently got a new iPhone in pink and I wanted to show off the color with my case not cover it up! These glitter cases do just that, not to mention they are mesmerizing to watch.
- pearl earrings – are a big trend for the new year and these beauties are on *sale* in the jewelry shop!
- striped scarves – I love all things striped, I simply can’t get enough
- peplum sweaters – this one is my favorite!
- gold wave ring – my endless wave ring adds a bit of sparkle and shine to any outfit
- vacation flask – I’d fill this up with some of that Skinny Girl grapefruit margarita!! yum!
- slippers – for those of you who don’t wear slippers, how do you get up in the morning and walk on the cold tile floor?? eek!
- blush handbags – this gorgeous color is perfect to take you from winter into spring
I’m excited to share my top nail polish trends for 2018 with you! The past two weeks I’ve been giving my nails a break from nail polish (always a good thing!) but now I’m ready to head back to the nail salon with some trending new nail art ideas. Take a look at the top five trends I’ve uncovered for 2018.
Shimmer is in and glitter is out! Shimmering nail polish is back for 2018 and the best part about it? It’s so much easier to remove than glitter!
Pink is my current color of choice for the shimmer trend!
Simple minimalist nail art is back on trend. If you’re ever in a hurry these nail designs are usually quick and easy to achieve.
This is another favorite of mine!
3D nail art is a fun way to take your nail polish to new heights (literally). I especially love these starfish nails below! I recommend not over doing it and keeping it to a max of 4 – 5 nails.
Along with shimmering nail polish, silver and gold are trending for 2018. I love the pop of metallic for Spring and Summer 2018.
When you know the rules you also learn how to break them. Purposefully painting your nails so they look grown out is a new trend for 2018 and one that I’m oddly loving!
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite Summer hair styles and dos! Sometimes we get sick of the same old same and need to change things up. Take a look at some of my favorite Summer hair pics to get some inspiration for your own Summer hair do:
Side part – changing your part is a super quick way to change your hairstyle!
Braid + bun – this is an especially useful hairstyle if you need to keep hair out of your face
Let it grow – our hair grows fastest during the Summer months, so why not take advantage?
Braided pigtails – so cute and another good one for keeping hair out of your face on a windy day
This Summer I’m all about striped dresses and straw hats! I just can’t seem to get enough. All these pieces are light and breezy and work great on those hot Summer days when you still want to look cute. Take a peek:
moon + star earrings / straw hat
sunglasses / striped dress / pink iPhone case
handbag / gold cuff bracelets