I shared a sneak peek of this Meatless Monday Recipe in my Instagram stories last week. Did you catch it? This month’s Meatless Monday Recipe is for a garden pizza with cauliflower crust and my nut-free pesto spread! It’s tasty, it’s fresh and completely plant-based. It’s also one of those recipes that’s great because you can use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used spinach, broccoli, artichokes, tomatoes and red onion but feel free to change it up depending on what’s in your garden. Scroll down for recipe:
Nut-free Pesto Spread:
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup steamed broccoli stems
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 small heads of cauliflower or 1 large
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Vegetables of your choice for toppings
*You will need a cheese cloth or dish towel
- Preheat oven to 425′
- Steam your cauliflower heads and broccoli stems. Set broccoli aside and place cauliflower, garlic, oregano and salt in food processor till it looks like rice.
- Let cauliflower cool and place in cheese cloth. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the cauliflower. Once you’re finished squeezing the water out, mix together the flax seed and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for a few minutes before mixing with cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower mix on a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out evenly.
- Put all the ingredients for the pesto spread into the food processor and blend well. Mixture should be thick.
- Place pesto spread on cauliflower crust and add your favorite vegetable toppings. You can add a little bit of water to the pesto spread and drizzle it across the top of your veggies.
- Leave in oven for 10 – 15minutes or until the crust starts to turn a golden brown.