It’s time for another Meatless Monday recipe!! Yippeee! Today I’m sharing my recipe for a Grilled Corn & Zucchini Pasta Salad. As per the usual this one is gluten free and vegan. Did I mention that it’s super tasty and quick?! Yummy! I love a good end of Summer dinner that comes together quickly. It’s nice to have something healthy that can be whipped right up especially as we get into that busy back-to-school season. I originally made this with millet and loved it BUT the leftovers were rock hard. eww, right? Luckily I had a bag of my favorite gluten-free pasta on hand, Tinkyada’s brown rice pasta. I used the spirals but you can use whatever shape you like. If you’ve never tried this brand of gluten-free pasta it is the best! Super better than any of those chickpea pastas that are sooo popular right now. I think this recipe would also be good with quinoa and that would make it grain-free (if that’s something you’re looking for).
- Serves 4
- Comes together in about 30 minutes *plus time to chill 1 – 2 hours
- 4 small zucchinis
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 bag of gluten-free pasta
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard (I used French’s because it’s gluten-free)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
- Slice your zucchini into ribbon strips
- Grill zucchini and corn on medium heat, a few minutes each side
- Bring water to boil on the stove and cook pasta per instructions on bag
- While pasta is cooking, gather ingredients for the dressing and blend in the food processor
- Drain pasta once it has finished cooking
- Mix ingredients together, refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours until cool and enjoy!
I shared a sneak peek of this Meatless Monday Recipe in my Instagram stories last week. Did you catch it? This month’s Meatless Monday Recipe is for a garden pizza with cauliflower crust and my nut-free pesto spread! It’s tasty, it’s fresh and completely plant-based. It’s also one of those recipes that’s great because you can use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used spinach, broccoli, artichokes, tomatoes and red onion but feel free to change it up depending on what’s in your garden. Scroll down for recipe:
Nut-free Pesto Spread:
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup steamed broccoli stems
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 small heads of cauliflower or 1 large
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Vegetables of your choice for toppings
*You will need a cheese cloth or dish towel
- Preheat oven to 425′
- Steam your cauliflower heads and broccoli stems. Set broccoli aside and place cauliflower, garlic, oregano and salt in food processor till it looks like rice.
- Let cauliflower cool and place in cheese cloth. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the cauliflower. Once you’re finished squeezing the water out, mix together the flax seed and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for a few minutes before mixing with cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower mix on a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out evenly.
- Put all the ingredients for the pesto spread into the food processor and blend well. Mixture should be thick.
- Place pesto spread on cauliflower crust and add your favorite vegetable toppings. You can add a little bit of water to the pesto spread and drizzle it across the top of your veggies.
- Leave in oven for 10 – 15minutes or until the crust starts to turn a golden brown.
I often find that as the weather gets cooler I turn away from salads towards warmer foods like soups and casseroles. The one exception is this roasted veggie salad since most of the ingredients are served warm. It’s also a great salad to make if you have a bunch of left over veggies in the fridge from the night before. Just toss them all together with this tasty vinaigrette and you’ve got one satisfying meal!
White Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijion mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- salt + pepper to taste
- Lettuce of your choice – I used a spring mix but romaine works too
- 1 can artichoke hearts (quartered)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 avocado
- olive oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 425′
- While the oven is preheating, chop up all your veggies / shave the ears of corn (except the lettuce and avocado) and lightly coat with olive oil
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, flip, and another 10 minutes
- While veggies are in the oven, combine all ingredients for dressing and shake well (set aside)
- Chop up your lettuce and avocado (set aside)
- When veggies are done roasting, place them on a bed of lettuce and top with avocado and white wine vinaigrette