I’m so excited to share with you, my DIY Sea Glass Nail Polish!! It’s the perfect Summer nail art and even better it’s incredible easy. I’m all about an easy beauty DIY! I’m going to show you the exact nail polishes I used to get this look and how easy it is to do. Scroll down to see more!
I think what I love best about this is the ethereal effect having sea glass nails gives off, especially in the sunlight! It could have also been because I chose this beautiful aqua shade. Blues and purples tend to give off that ethereal quality. I’m pretty sure mermaids would approve!
I don’t know if you would call these “ingredients” per se, but are you ready? The list is super short:
- Revlon Transforming Effects Matte Top Coat
- Sinful Colors Wonder Mint – don’t let the name fool you, it’s really a pretty turquoise color!
- Something to mix the nail polish in – I used a plastic lid but you could also use an empty nail polish bottle
- Pour out some of your matte nail polish into your mixing container. I found that a 4:1 ratio of clear to aqua gave enough color but still let the polish stay transparent. If you’d like to go even lighter, you could do a 5:1 ratio.
- Add your aqua nail polish.
- Use the tissue to wipe off your aqua nail brush and use the brush to mix up your polish. *Note: The color will look thicker and almost milky in the container
- If you used the 4:1 ratio, get a good amount of nail polish on your nail brush and apply one coat and one coat only. *Note: If you find that your polish isn’t as colorful as you’d like, don’t add a second coat! Instead remove the polish from your nail, and add a teeny tiny amount of aqua to your mix and reapply.
- If you used the 5:1 ratio, I still recommend trying to apply only one coat, but I did find that adding a second coat was okay. It just wasn’t as transparent as I would have liked.
*One last note: If you are using a container that doesn’t have a lid, the nail polish will dry really fast in your container. So you’ve got to be quick when you apply it.
Filed under Beauty, Crafts
I’m excited to share my top Spring nail polish trends for 2020 with you! It already feels like Spring and I don’t know about you but I’m ready for a refresh of wardrobe, hair and of course, nails! Take a look at the top six nail polish trends I’ve uncovered for Spring 2020.
Today I’m sharing my favorite nail polish trends for 2020! This year I’m loving all the shimmer, nudes and metallics but don’t worry I haven’t left my favorite turquoise color behind. 2020 is all about small delicate details whether you’re going with bold colors or shiny metallics. I feel like this year’s nail polish trends are following the jewelry trend of delicate sparkling layers. Take a look and and let me know what you think!
For most of Winter I gave my nails a break from nail polish. Not going to lie, it was actually kind of hard. I missed the lacquer and the shine! Now as we head into Spring, I’m ready to jump back into these sweet nail art trends for 2018. Take a look:
I’m excited to share my top nail polish trends for 2018 with you! The past two weeks I’ve been giving my nails a break from nail polish (always a good thing!) but now I’m ready to head back to the nail salon with some trending new nail art ideas. Take a look at the top five trends I’ve uncovered for 2018.
Shimmer is in and glitter is out! Shimmering nail polish is back for 2018 and the best part about it? It’s so much easier to remove than glitter!
Pink is my current color of choice for the shimmer trend!
Simple minimalist nail art is back on trend. If you’re ever in a hurry these nail designs are usually quick and easy to achieve.
This is another favorite of mine!
3D nail art is a fun way to take your nail polish to new heights (literally). I especially love these starfish nails below! I recommend not over doing it and keeping it to a max of 4 – 5 nails.
Along with shimmering nail polish, silver and gold are trending for 2018. I love the pop of metallic for Spring and Summer 2018.
When you know the rules you also learn how to break them. Purposefully painting your nails so they look grown out is a new trend for 2018 and one that I’m oddly loving!
Today I’m sharing my top 7 trends for nail art this Fall. Check it out! and you can find even more Fall nail art inspiration linked at the bottom of this post!
Dark blues with pops of sparkle
Rich color with glitter accents
Negative space nail art, being used in new ways for 2017
Island Paradise is one of the pantone colors for 2017 and I love this color for everything from nails to furniture!
Metallic nails are big for the beginning of 2017 and not just the usually gold and silver. Think colorful metallics for 2017!
Copper was a huge trend for the home in 2016 but for 2017 expect to be seeing it on fingertips instead!
The nude nail trend continues into 2017 with just a hint of pink.
Lapis blue is another pantone color for 2017. Add a matte coat to this bold color for a luxe look.
Find more nail art here on Pinterest.
Here’s a look at our Top 5 nail art trends for Fall that we can’t get enough of! You can view more nail art designs.
Keeping it cozy with a cable knit nail design
Blue half moons
Rose gold isn’t just for home decor
A slice of silver