I’m excited to share with you another Meatless Monday recipe! This pesto recipe is perfect for Summer because it’s quick and can be served warm or cold, which makes left-overs just as tasty as the night you made it. It’s also naturally gluten-free, diary-free and and carries a decent amount of protein even though there’s no meat in it! (about 11 grams per serving) Scroll down to see what’s in it:
Servings: 3 – 4
Time: 30 minutes
- 16 oz package of zoodles or 1 large zucchini per person
- 4 ears of corn or 1 per person
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by shucking and grilling the corn. Using a high heat, turn the corn every 4 – 5 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Throw the basil, walnuts, olive oil, water, salt and pepper into the food processor and pulse. The pesto should be on the thick side.
- Steam your zoodles for 3 – 4 minutes. I used a double boiler set up. (If you purchased zucchini instead of zoodles you’ll have to spiral them first)
- While the zoodles are steaming, take a kitchen knife and stripe the kernels off the cob. Next chop up your cherry tomatoes.
- When the zoodles are finished cooking, mix everything together and dinner is ready to be served!
I really hope you enjoy this Meatless Monday recipe. I couldn’t stop eating it this past week! We had some really warm days and having this as a cold dish was the absolute best. Not to mention that you feel really healthy eating it. I also found the zoodles to be very filling, which is something I wasn’t expecting. Not to mention that the sweet smell of basil filling my kitchen every time I whipped up a batch of the pesto is perfection. I’m definitely going to be using fresh basil in a lot more of my recipes! Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out some additional recipes.