One thing I love to do is turn a favorite dip into a sauce and use it over pasta or a baked potato. Today’s Meatless Monday recipe does just that. I took a yummy pimento cheese dip recipe and turned it into a tasty pasta dish. This is a warm dish but you could easily make it in the Summer as a cold pasta dish too! Also, you can pretty much do this with any dip, I’ve done something similar with artichoke and spinach dip and it came out amazing!! But that’s a recipe for another Monday. Scroll down to grab this Pimento Cheese and Pasta recipe:
- 16 oz sharp cheddar (set some aside for garnish)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup broth (can add more or less depending on how thick you’d like the sauce)
- 4oz pimento peppers (I use the ones in the jar, drained and rinsed) set some aside for garnish
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- A few pinches of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Boil pasta, drain and set aside.
- Cut several slivers of pimento peppers and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredient for the sauce and blend well.
- Place into a sauce pot and stir on medium high heat until the cheese has melted.
- While cheese is heating up, place the baby spinach in a sauté pan with a small amount of broth (about 1 tbsp) and steam cook on medium heat.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta, add baby spinach and garnish with additional cheese and pimento peppers.
It’s already feeling chilly out, which means Fall is starting to creep in. I don’t know about you but I’m ready for a hot and toasty meal. So today I’m sharing my top 9 grilled cheese sandwich recipes with you! These meatless Monday recipes work perfectly for lunch or dinner. You can add a cup of soup or eat alone, because they are just that good!
Caramelized Pineapple Grilled Cheese – crunchy, gooey with a touch of sweet!
Grilled Cheese & Tomato – one of my personal go to’s!
Blueberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese – because life is hard and don’t we all deserve this?
Caramelized Onions & Grilled Cheese
Kimchi Grilled Cheese
Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese – for when you just want to eat that delicious dip as a meal
Pesto Grilled Cheese
Four Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Click any pic to grab the recipe!
It might be the warmer weather that Spring brings or the fact that I’m sick of the same ol’ thing I’ve been eating all Winter long but for me, I always start craving salads in the Spring. There’s just something extra delicious about a crisp salad this time of year. There’s also a lot of fresh produce popping up that tastes amazing in a salad! So to celebrate Spring and all things green, I’m sharing nine Spring salads for you to try!
I put asparagus on everything in the Spring! Spring Greens Bowl via Lively Table *click any pic to grab the recipe*
Grilled Corn & Zucchini Pasta Salad
Peach & Walnut Salsa – pour this over some lettuce and you are good to go!
Chickpea Corn Salad via Brewing Happiness
Coconut Mango Salad via Salted Mint
Avocado & Grapefruit Salad via FoodieCrush
Edamame Salad via Foodness Gracious
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Salad via Proud Italian Cook
My favorite thing about the holidays is spending time with my family that I don’t always get to see throughout the year. My second favorite thing (and it’s a very close second) is eating without a care in the world. For me, this only happens during the holiday season. So today I’m sharing some of my favorite holiday recipes! There’s also some additional links at the bottom for things like leftover stuffing and more. Take a look:
Are you guys ready for another Meatless Monday recipe? My creamy sweet onion sauce is super thick and creamy but also completely diary-free! I made this as a side dish for Easter and it was devoured right away. Did I also mention that it’s really easy to make? The whole recipe (gnocchi included) only takes about 20 minutes to make but tastes like it took an hour. When I originally made this I added some sautéed spinach but feel free to add whatever veggies you’d like or even none at all. Grab the recipe below:
- 2 packages dried gnocchi
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 large clove of garlic or two small
- 1 cup water (more if you don’t want it so thick)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Peel the onion and chop into segments. Use your food processor to chop into smaller pieces.
- Sautée the onion with the olive oil until browned.
- While the onion is cooking, bowl water and cook the gnocchi according to instructions on package. Set cooked gnocchi aside.
- Once you’ve finished cooking the onion, add all ingredients (except gnocchi) into the food processor and blend.
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi and voila, dinner is served!
Meatless Monday Recipe : Creamy Sweet Onion Sauce and Gnocchi
Meatless Monday Recipe : Creamy Sweet Onion Sauce and Gnocchi
Whenever the seasons start to change I always get excited about the new recipes I want to try. So today, I’m sharing some of my favorite Spring recipes as well as some new ones that I’ve been itching to test out. Because let’s face it, no one wants to eat a Spring salad in the middle of winter, no matter how delicious it looks!
It’s time for another Meatless Monday post! So lately I’ve been looking for quick and easy dinner ideas. Things have been so extremely busy in my jewelry studio that I haven’t had the time I usually put into cooking a dinner. What I love about this Green Goddess Pizza recipe is not only is it quick and crazy easy to make but it’s delicious and loaded with greens! Also instead of using a red sauce, I made a simple basil garlic sauce which adds nicely to the flavors of the fresh veggies. Grab the recipe below.
Time: 20 minutes or less!
- pre-made pizza crust – I used Mama Mary’s because it was diary free.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 paprika
- pepper to taste
For this you can really add whatever you want! but here’s what I used:
- small handful – baby spinach
- 1/4 green peppers – thinly sliced
- 1/4 zucchini – thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado – sliced
*I forgot to add some broccoli I had in the fridge, but I’m thinking artichokes and asparagus would be delicious too!
- preheat oven to 425′
- mix sauce ingredients together in the food processor
- brush sauce all over pizza crust including the edges (you’ll have extra sauce, just set this aside)
- pile on all veggies except avocado
- do an additional brushing of the sauce on top of the veggies
- place pizza in oven for about 8 minutes
- top with avocado and you’re ready to eat!
*I made an individual size pizza but it’s so easy to double or triple this recipe. There’s enough sauce for three individual size pizzas or one large one.