If you’ve gone all Summer without trying these scrumptious cocktails, drop what you’re doing and head to your nearest bar or liquor shop! The way I see it, there’s only about a month or so left of Summer. In that span of time I fully intend on soaking up as much Summer and sunshine that I can get. Who’s ever with me, say tequila!
It’s almost the beginning of Summer and I wanted a new cocktail to enjoy. Something light and refreshing yet still tasty and a little sweet. This is my take on the traditional Blackberry Smash cocktail and it really hit the spot. I simplified the ingredients since (as I’ve mentioned in previous posts) I’m not a natural-born bartender. This drink comes together pretty quickly and it is delish!
serving size: 1
- 1 nip of vodka
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sparkling water or club soda
- Mash up 6 – 8 blackberries in the bottom of the glass and add maple syrup
- Add ice and garnish with a few extra blackberries
- Add vodka and then sparkling water
- Stir, sip and enjoy!
There’s nothing like some liquid-goodness to warm you up on a chilly winter evening! So today I’m sharing my top 5 winter cocktail recipes for beating that cold weather.
Blood Orange Kiwi Margaritas via Fork in the Road – I always love a good cocktail that reminds me of Summer!
Valentine’s day is right around the corner! How did that happen? So I wanted to share some tasty pink treats with you. I love making a special recipe for Valentine’s day since the restaurants get so crowded during this particular holiday. Which I feel takes some of the romance away when you are shoved into a crowded table at an overpacked restaurant. Instead, I prefer to stay home and keep the romance alive with a tasty treat or two! Most of these are yummy desserts but there’s also some breakfast ideas and a delicious cocktail to try.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I’m excited for this holiday weekend and also excited to share my new cocktail recipe with you for my Avocado Vodka Tonic. (p.s. this works great with tequila too!) This is a fun drink recipe that’s refreshing for Spring but would be great for Summer bbq’s as well. Check it out:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 shots of vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- tonic water
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- In blender, puree all ingredients except the tonic water.
- Split mixture evenly between two glasses.
- Fill glasses with tonic water and stir.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Whether I’m hosting or attending an Easter soirée, I always like to have/bring some meat and diary-free options. Sometimes during the holidays we can get sidetracked by so many unhealthy options. Which is why today I’m sharing some of my top meatless recipes for Easter, as well as a cocktail or two. Take a look:
Pink Jelly Bean Cocktail via BHG
Happy National Margarita Day!! In celebration of this fun-filled holiday, I wanted to share my jalapeño pineapple margarita recipe with you. (Last year I shared my Lemon Drop Margarita) What I love most about this margarita recipe is that it’s a little spicy and a little sweet. So you get the best of both worlds, all in one glass. I discovered how well jalapeños and pineapple go together when one of my friends introduced me to jalapeño and pineapple hummus. From that day forward I was hooked on the combination and have been keeping my eye open for other recipes that I could use these two ingredients in. I hope you love this jalapeño pineapple margarita recipe as much as I do!
- 1 part lime juice
- 2 parts tequila
- 1/2 part cointreau
- 2 parts fresh pineapple (blended)
- jalapeños to taste (deseeded)
- additional jalapeños and grilled pineapple chunks for garnish
The pineapple gives this cocktail a natural frothiness that makes it extra delicious!
- In a food processor, blend your fresh pineapple and jalapeños together. I stopped when the pineapple got frothy but could still see bits of the jalapeño.
- Optional: I grilled pineapple chunks by placing a thin coating of coconut oil on each side and searing them quickly on the grill. I used these grilled pineapple pieces as garnish.
- Mix all the other ingredients in with the pineapple and jalapeños.
- Serve over ice and garnish with grilled pineapple chunks and jalapeño slices.
I salted the rim prior to mixing with pink himalayan salt