1) In a large bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs until they’re frothy. Then whisk in milk, apple cider, oil and vanilla.
3) Gradually add your wet ingredients to your dry, and mix until just combined.
4) Heat up waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray if needed once it’s warmed up. Pour batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve!
1) In a large saucepan, heat your sugar over medium high heat. Do not walk away from the pan!
2) Gently start swirl the pan once the sugar starts to melt, but don’t stir. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
3) Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and starts to turn an amber colour.
4) Wait until it’s just a bit darker than the initial yellow colour, and then quickly add your butter, heavy cream and salt. Stir like crazy! This mixture will foam quite violently, so be careful.
5) Remove from heat and allow to cool down to room temperature before serving or placing in the fridge to store. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
(*It will keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge)