I’ve been chowing down on my new meatless Monday recipe for the past few dinners! Not only is this recipe chock full of veggies, but it’s gluten-free and oil-free as well. Double yay! As we near the end of Winter, I’ve been craving lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. This meatless Monday recipe hits the mark, using fresh zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and more. Oh and it only takes about 30 minutes to make! Check out the recipe below:
- 2 small zucchinis (I left the skin on)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 organic celery stalks
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 – 6 large roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- handful of cilantro
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400′.
- Set up a double boiler to steam broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cut zucchini, celery, broccoli and cauliflower into medium chunks.
- Place broccoli and cauliflower into double boiler and let steam for 20 mins.
- Put zucchini and celery on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet onion into fourths (leave skin on) place on same baking sheet, open side down.
- Cut garlic top off and place upside down on baking sheet. Roast for 25 mins. No need to add oil.
- When everything is done cooking, carefully peel onion and garlic skins off. You can use a fork to easier maneuver garlic cloves out.
- Toss everything into a food processor with salt, water, and cilantro to blend.
Okay so technically it’s not Monday but since we had a long holiday weekend I waited until today to post this. My meatless Monday recipe for September is this creamy cinnamon corn bisque! It’s the perfect soup to help you welcome in the Fall season. A few weeks ago I had a similar corn bisque at a local restaurant. It was ahhhmazing to say the least and I knew I wanted to recreate it at home. This is my version of a cinnamon corn bisque, I added butternut squash to mine which only made this recipe even more delish!! Check out the recipe:
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 -4 ears of corn
- 10 oz butternut squash
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Chop your onion, garlic and carrot. Add onion and carrot with some olive oil to pot on medium heat and sauté. Once the onion starts to turn golden add your garlic and sauté for an additional minute or two.
- While onion is sautéing, roast corn and butternut squash for a few minutes on each side. I did this on the grill (medium heat) but you can use the oven too. Shell corn kernels and place in the food processor with the butternut squash. Puree vegetables.
- Add corn and butternut squash along with the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
*Note: You may want to puree carrots for an even creamier bisque. This can be done before or after cooking.