It’s been too long since I’ve done a Meatless Monday recipe! I’m very excited about my Butternut Squash Bisque because not only is it delicious and warm for these cool autumn days but it’s also only 4 ingredients!! Aren’t minimum ingredient recipes the best?! No long grocery lists, no hoping you remembered to pick up all the ingredient. Just four simple ingredients and you are on your way to a creamy Fall soup.
Serves 3 – 4
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cup broth of your choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375′
- While you’re waiting for the oven to preheat, cut your butternut squash in half the long way
- Place the squash halves face up and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Roast for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until squash is soft
- Let squash cool for about 20 minutes
- Once squash is cool enough, peel the skin off (it should come off very easily)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and you’re ready to eat!