I’ve been chowing down on my new meatless Monday recipe for the past few dinners! Not only is this recipe chock full of veggies, but it’s gluten-free and oil-free as well. Double yay! As we near the end of Winter, I’ve been craving lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. This meatless Monday recipe hits the mark, using fresh zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and more. Oh and it only takes about 30 minutes to make! Check out the recipe below:
- 2 small zucchinis (I left the skin on)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 organic celery stalks
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 – 6 large roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- handful of cilantro
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400′.
- Set up a double boiler to steam broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cut zucchini, celery, broccoli and cauliflower into medium chunks.
- Place broccoli and cauliflower into double boiler and let steam for 20 mins.
- Put zucchini and celery on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet onion into fourths (leave skin on) place on same baking sheet, open side down.
- Cut garlic top off and place upside down on baking sheet. Roast for 25 mins. No need to add oil.
- When everything is done cooking, carefully peel onion and garlic skins off. You can use a fork to easier maneuver garlic cloves out.
- Toss everything into a food processor with salt, water, and cilantro to blend.