Is it wrong that I’m in the mood for Summer when it’s 40′ outside? OR is it sooo right? I’m cranking up the heat, mixing up some margaritas and chowing down on my new Pineapple and Cilantro Hummus recipe!! Pineapple and hummus make for an amazing combo. It’s the sweetness of the pineapple and the thickness of the chickpeas that come together like tasty tropical magic. I left tahini out of this recipe because I wasn’t really sure about adding some sesame flavor into the mix. Scroll down for this tasty recipe:
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup water (more if you don’t want it so thick)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place into food processor
- Lightly chop up half a bunch of cilantro and throw into food processor with remaining ingredients
- Blend to desired thickness. Depending on your food processor, you may need to add more water.
- Garnish with a sprig or cilantro and serve!