What I think I love most about this tabbouleh recipe is all the fresh herbs and ingredients that it uses. It’s also been pretty warm where I am and having a nice cool and easy dinner really helps! Oh yeah, and it’s gluten-free including the lemon dressing (yay!). Because gluten hides in everything! Especially condiments and dressings, which can be a real pain in the pa-tootie if you can’t eat it. Any-hoo, that’s enough complaining from my end, time to dig in to my gluten-free tabbouleh salad!!
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 5 – 7 sprigs of mint
- 1 – 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 can cannelli beans (drained / rinsed)
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and then place in a pot with the water, 1/2 onion and 3 cloves of garlic. Once brought to a boil, turn down to a simmer and leave with lid on to cook. About 15 – 20 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop up your tomatoes and cucumber and set aside.
- In a food processor, toss in all the ingredients for the lemon dressing. It’s up to you how blended you would like the dressing to be.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, mix quinoa, lemon dressing and other ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill in fridge for about 2 hours. Once chilled, serve and enjoy!