Happy National Margarita Day!! In celebration of this fun-filled holiday, I wanted to share my jalapeño pineapple margarita recipe with you. (Last year I shared my Lemon Drop Margarita) What I love most about this margarita recipe is that it’s a little spicy and a little sweet. So you get the best of both worlds, all in one glass. I discovered how well jalapeños and pineapple go together when one of my friends introduced me to jalapeño and pineapple hummus. From that day forward I was hooked on the combination and have been keeping my eye open for other recipes that I could use these two ingredients in. I hope you love this jalapeño pineapple margarita recipe as much as I do!
- 1 part lime juice
- 2 parts tequila
- 1/2 part cointreau
- 2 parts fresh pineapple (blended)
- jalapeños to taste (deseeded)
- additional jalapeños and grilled pineapple chunks for garnish
- In a food processor, blend your fresh pineapple and jalapeños together. I stopped when the pineapple got frothy but could still see bits of the jalapeño.
- Optional: I grilled pineapple chunks by placing a thin coating of coconut oil on each side and searing them quickly on the grill. I used these grilled pineapple pieces as garnish.
- Mix all the other ingredients in with the pineapple and jalapeños.
- Serve over ice and garnish with grilled pineapple chunks and jalapeño slices.