If you’re spending Mother’s Day at home this year and avoiding the hassle of crowded restaurants or maybe you just wanted to let Mom sleep in! It doesn’t mean that this holiday weekend has to be anything less than delicious. Take a look at the three recipes below and get ready to serve Mom a tasty and colorful brunch in bed.
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 small very ripe DOLE banana
2/3 cup almond milk
1 large egg
1 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
butter for frying
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and combine, do not over-mix.
- Place a small dab of butter in the frying pan. The pan is hot enough when the butter sizzles.
- Grease the heart molds with butter. Lay them in the frying pan. Spoon the batter into the molds, filling only half way up the mold. Once you can see bubbles forming on the tops of the pancakes, remove the molds and wait a few seconds. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side until brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh strawberries and fresh raspberries.
- 1 750ml bottle of Prosecco, chilled
3-3.5 cups of fresh grapefruit juice (~4 very large), chilled
Add the chilled Prosecco and grapefruit juice in a large pitcher (one that can handle 8 cups of liquid + a couple inches of Prosecco foam).