SPARKLING MARGARITAS (CHAMPAGNE MARGARITAS)
These sparkling margaritas (champagne margaritas) are the perfect quick and easy drink to celebrate!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup agave silver tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 bottle (750 mL) champagne (about 3 cups)
- lime wedges and coarse salt or sugar to rim the glasses
- (optional: additional sweetener such as sugar, honey, agave, etc.)
Stir the lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec together to make your margarita base.
Prepare your glasses by running a lime wedge around the rim of the serving glasses, and then dipping the glasses in coarse salt or sugar.
Pour about 1/3 cup of margarita mixture into a champagne glass, and fill the rest of the glass up with champagne. Or if using a different glass, you need a ratio of about 1/3 cup margarita mixture to 1/2 cup champagne.
If desired, stir in a teaspoon or two of sweetener to sweeten each glass. Enjoy!
via Gimme Some Oven