My skin is on the dry side, and keeping it moisturized can be a challenge. Especially during the warmer months. This DIY from offbeat + inspired let’s you create your own moisturizer with natural ingredients in your own home!
– 2 oz. Cocoa Butter – Natural
– 2 oz. Shea Butter – Natural
– 2 oz. Monoi Butter
– 1 tsp. Argan Oil
– 3 tsp. Sweet Almond Oil
– 3 tsp. Aloe Vera Gel
– 1/4 tsp. Vitamin E Natural
– 9.5 ml(s) Exotic Coconut Fragrance Oil
– Hand Mixer
– Measuring Spoons
– Metal or Glass Pot
– Mixing Spoon
– Stove or Double Boiler
1. NOTE: if you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
2. Place all butters in a pan over very low heat.
3. Melt until all liquid.
4. Simmer on low for 20 minutes (DO NOT BOIL).
5. Add remaining ingredients and stir into liquid.
6. Cover bowl and let product set overnight.
7. Stir to whip or use hand mixer to whip it up until fluffy.
8. Package into jars and label accordingly.
9. Makes approximately 8-10 oz. of product depending on how much it is whipped.