I hope everyone had a nice long weekend! It’s officially September and I’m hanging on to Summer as long as I can. Here’s a delicious drink recipe from Dine and Dash. It’s a twisted lemonade concoction that tastes of Summer and warm weather nights.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick Rosemary Leaves
- 6 Lemons, halved crosswise
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 3 cups cold water
- For the Simple Syrup, mix sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add rosemary; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Strain. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Cut 4 of the lemons in half crosswise. Cut remaining 2 lemons into slices. Grill lemon halves and slices over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Set lemon slices aside for garnish. Squeeze juice from lemon halves to yield 1/2 cup juice.
- Place watermelon cubes and lemon juice in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour fruit mixture into large pitcher. Add Simple Syrup and cold water; mix well. Serve in ice-filled beverage glasses. Garnish with reserved lemon slices.